This short video outlines why BB Bastard is better. More specific answers may be found below:
Any questions we get regularly are answered here so we have a single point of reference for our customers.
A - Yes, up to a point. Bubbles occur when there isn't enough material to fill the volume of the BB mold. BB Bastard BB's have air bubbles up to about the .30g weight class, then there is enough material to fill almost the entire volume. In lighter BB's our bubbles are centered more often than the competition. In our heavier weight BB's the bubbles are either centered or broken into as many as 500 smaller bubbles that are also centered. This makes the BB's more stable while spinning and leads to repeatable groupings.
Our competitors are touting the fact that they "don't have any bubles". This is misleading. At certain weights, you can only have so much material in the mold to meet the weight requirement, so the ONLY other thing you can have in the mold is air (which forms a bubble). They have bubbles, but they have frothed the slurry that goes into the molds and rather than having a few large bubbles, they now have thousands of tiny ones. While this might seem like a good idea it leads to a few major problems:
1- The loss of density control in the mix now means that you have a risk of un-even distribution of material
2 - The BB now runs the risk of being weaker and less resistant to crush in shipping and handling and may come "out of round", not to mention the danger of shattering on impact.
3 - Bubbles that are distributed near the surface can cause defects in the polish process, resulting in pitting as those surface bubbles are exposed.
Making a great BB is about control, repeatable process and accepting the limitations of your equipment. It's not about fooling your customers with engineering shortcuts.
A - The double polish is a process we invented in 2003 to give styrene and mirror like finish. The BB's come out of the molds with tabs that need to be polished off. Other BB manufacturers simply polish those off and package the product for sale. Our BB's go through a special second polish process that give them our trademark "Double Polish". Other manufacturers have caught onto this performance enhancement, and are now folowing our example, but we beleive we still do it better than anyone else.
A - A high polished BB offers two distinct advantages:
- Better Feedpath Performance - An airsoft BB passes along many different material types while making it's way to the chamber. In the mag, through the hop up unit, and down the barrel. BB's with a lower friction coefficient pass along this path easier and thus reduce jamming. They are also less likely to pick up dirt or other contamination that might damage the hop up unit, or affect performance.
- Better Hop Up Performance - The only place in the feedpath where friction is a good thing is when applying hopup (backspin) to the BB. The high polish on BB Bastards BB's allows the rubber bucking to stick to the polished surface more evenly and with more strength, resulting in better backspin characteristics.
A - Over years of playing and testing, we have come to the conclusion that a good airsoft BB needs to excel at four main characteristics:
- Consistent size - the BB''s must be as close to 5.95 as possible across large samples
- Consistent shape - the BB''s must be as close to spherical as possible across large samples
- Consistent material distribution - material and air entrainment must be centered with no areas of high density across large samples
- Consistent polish - the BB must have a hard high polish and maintain that polish in shipping and packaging across large samples
They key phrase above is "across large samples". It''s simple thing to make one BB round, consistent in size and material distribution, but doing it 50 million times a year poses challenges other BB manufacturers are not up to meeting. We spent 18 months in R&D with our manufacturer before we got what we wanted, and we are still committed to R&D today.
We are better at doing these 4 things than any other manufacturer.
That is why BB Bastard BB's are better.
A - During our ongoing R&D process to find better BB materials, we stumbled across this manufacturing process. Being individually machined to be exact and identical, they met ALL our criteria for a great airsoft BB. Unfortunately they are very expensive and most folks wouldn''t game them. Most folks...
We have had several people ordering these regularly to use in games. They are using highly upgraded sniper rigs and are giving us rave reviews on the accuracy and consistency of the rounds. While most would find them too expensive for game use, some elite airsoft snipers are doing amazing things with them.
If you want a product that will allow you to test or tweak your gun indoors, they allow you to basically take the BB out of the equation, and focus on tweaking the rifle. From that perspective their unsurpassed hardness and durability make them great testing rounds.
A - BB Bastards unique BB formula ensures that your BB can endure normal outdoor gaming weather conditions such as rain and heavy moisture during multiday outdoor events. The formula, along with our desiccant pack and double polish, don''t allow moisture to degrade the BB for weeks to months and even years if conditions are right.
Our BB's won't chalk, spald, break, crack or decay in you feed path. You don't have to worry about rushing to use your ECO's in a week or two after opening them. They shelf almost exactly like regular BB's. It''s friendly to go green with our ECO BB's.
There is not trade off in performance or lifespan with our product.
A - Its pretty simple really: IF YOU RECEIVE AN ORDER FROM US WITH BURST OR DAMAGED BAGS. IF YOU GET PRODUCT FROM BB BASTARD, AS A RETAILER OR A DIRECT CUSTOMER, THAT IS DAMAGED IN ANY WAY:
- ONE - Take a picture of the damaged bags AND the packaging it arrived in, making note of any crush points, tears, punctures etc on the PACKAGING
- TWO - Send the pics to us stating how many bags are damaged to email@example.com, and QUOTE YOUR ORDER or INVOICE NUMBER
- THREE - We REFUND you for the retail cost + tax on documented damaged bags IMMEDIATELY and start a claim with our shipper. You DO NOT wait for a refund. You do not return damaged goods
SHIPPING DAMAGE IS 100% INSURED AND YOU NEVER HAVE TO RETURN THE PRODUCT.
We need your photo for insurance claim purposes. And for the love of airsoft use them in a grenade or wash them and keep them or something. Bastard's MUST BE SHOT! Not doomed to a landfill!